sbs Roofing edmonton
SBS Roofing in Edmonton
MD Roofing has been Edmonton’s premier commercial and industrial roofer for SBS torch-on roofing for over 25 years. MD Roofing specializes in the installation of SBS roofing for commercial, industrial, and residential applications such as apartment buildings. Over the years, we have installed roofing on every type of building you can think of, from homes with flat roofs to full shopping centers. Our team can handle any project that comes our way. If you are looking to install, replace or repair your SBS roofing, trust the experts at MD Roofing! Give Mike a call today! Contact MD Roofing!
Edmonton's Most Trusted Installer of SBS Modified Bitumen Roofing
MD Roofing has been installing SBS roofing in Edmonton for over 25 years. Our experience ensures that we will be able to provide you with the best possible roofing options and we will guide you on how to best proceed with your project. There are various methods by which we install SBS modified bitumen roof systems; these applications methods include:
- Torch-on method
- Cold adhesives
A standard SBS modified bitumen roof system is a two-ply system applied in rolls that overlap the edge of the previous section. We do not recommend using the cold application process as we consider the torch-on method to be far superior. We prefer the torch-on application method because it creates a substantially more durable roof for our clients. Although the initial cost of torch-on roofing will be slightly higher than other applications methods, this method is guaranteed to reduce future costs by preventing excessive regular maintenance work. The timeframe in which our clients will have to replace their roof is much longer for torch-on roofs when compared to other application methods. We also recommend the torch-on method for SBS roofing because it will create a roof more suitable to resist the harsh weather and temperature fluctuations in Edmonton. If you have any questions about why we believe the torch-on method is the best option for you, please do not hesitate to contact our team. Contact Us for a Free Quote!
What Are the Benefits of SBS Roofing?
- SBS roofing is the perfect solution for all types of flat roofs. SBS works perfectly for shopping centers, commercial complexes and flat-roof homes or apartment buildings.
- SBS Roofing sheets consist of synthetic rubber, which allows it to be very flexible in a wide range of temperatures. This durability is crucial in Edmonton, considering the massive fluctuations we experience between winter and summer temperatures.
- SBS roofing is incredibly durable. It is resistant to wear-and-tear, allowing it to last for an extended period when properly installed. A new layer of SBS can also be applied to an existing SBS roof to extend the lifespan of your roof further.
- SBS roofing can be easy to repair because it can be easily removed and re-applied by experts. Always ensure SBS repairs are handled by expert roofers as any mistake could lead to devastating roof leaks.
- The required annual maintenance on torch-on SBS roofing is minimal. If you are looking for a low-maintenance roof, torch-on SBS roofing is the best option for your building.
service you can trust
schedule your roof repair or maintenance.
What is SBS Roofing?
SBS torch-on roof systems comprise of synthetic rubber asphalt sheets. Roofers and customers often refer to SBS roofing as either torch-on roofing or two-ply asphalt roofing. The torch-on installation method for SBS roofing is always recommended over cold-applications as the torch-on method will always create a substantially more durable roof membrane, which will guarantee better protection for your building.
How is SBS Roofing Manufactured?
Standard roofing asphalt is modified with additives to replace plasticizers removed during the distillation process. The bitumen is then reinforced with fibreglass or polyester fibre matting to increase durability and strength. SBS (styrene-butadiene-styrene) modified bitumen increases the flexibility of the membrane and allows it to have more reliable expansion and contraction capabilities. At MD Roofing, we only use the highest quality product to ensure our clients have a durable roof that will protect their property for a long time. Contact us for more information.
If you are looking to install a roof on your new or existing commercial property, SBS roofing is the best choice to provide you with a durable roof designed to last in the extreme weather fluctuations that we experience in Edmonton. Contact MD Roofing to explore your options to determine if SBS roofing is the best choice for your property. Feel free to contact our team anytime with questions; the crew at MD Roofing is always here to help! Contact Us to Learn More!