MD Roofing has been installing SBS roofing in Edmonton for over 25 years. Our experience ensures that we will be able to provide you with the best possible roofing options and we will guide you on how to best proceed with your project. There are various methods by which we install SBS modified bitumen roof systems; these applications methods include:
- Torch-on method
- Cold adhesives
A standard SBS modified bitumen roof system is a two-ply system applied in rolls that overlap the edge of the previous section. We do not recommend using the cold application process as we consider the torch-on method to be far superior. We prefer the torch-on application method because it creates a substantially more durable roof for our clients. Although the initial cost of torch-on roofing will be slightly higher than other applications methods, this method is guaranteed to reduce future costs by preventing excessive regular maintenance work. The timeframe in which our clients will have to replace their roof is much longer for torch-on roofs when compared to other application methods. We also recommend the torch-on method for SBS roofing because it will create a roof more suitable to resist the harsh weather and temperature fluctuations in Edmonton. If you have any questions about why we believe the torch-on method is the best option for you, please do not hesitate to contact our team. Contact Us for a Free Quote!
What Are the Benefits of SBS Roofing?
- SBS roofing is the perfect solution for all types of flat roofs. SBS works perfectly for shopping centers, commercial complexes and flat-roof homes or apartment buildings.
- SBS Roofing sheets consist of synthetic rubber, which allows it to be very flexible in a wide range of temperatures. This durability is crucial in Edmonton, considering the massive fluctuations we experience between winter and summer temperatures.
- SBS roofing is incredibly durable. It is resistant to wear-and-tear, allowing it to last for an extended period when properly installed. A new layer of SBS can also be applied to an existing SBS roof to extend the lifespan of your roof further.
- SBS roofing can be easy to repair because it can be easily removed and re-applied by experts. Always ensure SBS repairs are handled by expert roofers as any mistake could lead to devastating roof leaks.
- The required annual maintenance on torch-on SBS roofing is minimal. If you are looking for a low-maintenance roof, torch-on SBS roofing is the best option for your building.