What Causes Wear-and-Tear on Roofing?
There are many things that can cause significant wear-and-tear on your commercial flat or metal roofing that can ultimately lead to leaks. Long-term exposure to the elements (sunlight, water, wind, etc.) can cause severe damages, as can unexpected plant growth (moss or algae) from standing water that isn’t supported because your roof was never built to accommodate the extra weight. When you regularly put off repair work on your roof, this can actually end up costing you more later on, as the damages can increase if ignored long enough.
Regular Maintenance is Your Best Defense
Roofing maintenance is one of the biggest ways business owners can save themselves money and stress over time. Avoid roofing headaches by regularly scheduling appointments for professional maintenance and inspections for your roofing. Thanks to modern advances in roofing equipment, we can help pinpoint the exact areas of your flat or metal roofing that are in need of service and can advise you on whether or not you need a commercial roof replacement or repair in Edmonton. Inspecting the condition of your roofing membrane and materials is also essential to preventing future leaks and extending your roofing’s lifespan.
An Overview of the Flat Roof Replacement Process
1. First, the roof will need to be cleared of extraneous materials, including flashings, boots, vents, and rotted wood areas and fascia.
2. Any exterior air conditioning units will need to be disconnected by a licensed air conditioning contractor. They will be reconnected later on once you have new aluminum air conditioning stands that meet code requirements.
3. We will install tie-in roofing materials (wherever applicable) prior to installing the new roofing membrane.
4. We will install new perimeter flashings, which may include a fascia bar/cap using the proper sealant. We will also install boots over plumbing stacks, curb at existing vent stacks, and a safety walk-pad network for all roof traffic personnel.
5. We would then install wind-baffle vacuum moisture-control vents for increased wind uplift and rooftop signs describing the proper care and warnings for all roof traffic personnel.
6. Finally, all debris will be cleaned up and removed. A magnet may be used to remove fasteners from your lawn .