advantages of metal roofing
When choosing what kind of roofing system your building will use, one must consider metal roofing. There are a number of advantages and disadvantages of metal roofing that we will discuss. This will help you make your choice between other materials such as SBS modified bitumen, asphalt, wood or tile. Metal Roof Edmonton.
Here are some Examples of: Metal Roofs
metal roofing edmonton
- Lifespan. Metal roofs are made from a very durable material that can last up to 50 years! That is much longer than other types of materials. Not only does it last longer, it is more resistant to fire, rot, insects or mildew.
- Heat. Metal reflects the suns rays which lowers the amount of head absorbed by the roof. It can help lower your cooling bill during Edmonton’s 4 days of summer per year! If you also use a dead air space between the metal and the roof deck you will have even greater energy efficiency.
- Fire Resistance. I don’t think this comes as a surprise to most, but metal does not burn! The fire rating is higher on this type of roof than any other. The likelihood of the roof starting on fire is much lower with a metal roof.
- Weight. It is very lightweight. Up to 40 percent lighter than other types of roofing materials. Over the lifespan of a roof that weight savings can be preventative in maintenance.
- Rain and Snow. This type of roofing sheds rain and snow very easily. Snow just slides down instead of collecting on your roof. As you may know already, going on the roof in the winter to shovel snow off your roof is no fun.
- Cost. Metal roofs are typically more expensive than other roofing styles. In the end you save more due to the long lifespan of a metal roof but the initial cost is higher. If you are planning on staying in one location a long time this it is more economical… otherwise use something less expensive.
- Denting. If there is a harsh hailstorm or someone takes a golf club to your roof, it may dent. Most metal roofs are guaranteed not to dent however so, that may not be an issue.
- Expansion and Contraction. If the roof is installed correctly this is not an issue. However, if the fasteners aren’t done correctly your roof could leak. Metal expands and contracts with the change in temperature.
Metal roofing is a great long-term choice for your commercial roof. If you plan to stay long term this is the best option. If you plan on moving use a cheaper material!
Call your Metal Roof Experts Today! https://mdroofingandsheetmetal.ca/
copyright © 2019 m.d. roofing & sheet metal all rights reserved