10 POINT COMMERCIAL ROOF CHECKLIST
Winter is coming! Winters in Edmonton can be particularly harsh and the last thing your business needs is a leaky roof.
The farmers almanac is saying we are in for a frosty one so buckle up!
HERE IS YOUR 10 POINT EDMONTON COMMERCIAL ROOF CHECKLIST:
- Loose or removed materials around the edge of the building. This could include fascia, trim or edging
- Water damage that is visible or interior leaks. Interior leaks will appear as discoloration of the ceiling or walls. If you have a water stain, this is a good sign of a leak
- Water on the floor of the building. This can come from anywhere and is still of significant concern.
- Cracks in the ceiling or walls. Cracks in your drywall are a good indication of settling, so there is a good chance the roof has moved.
- Moulding anywhere is very serious. The crawlspaces should be checked as well as between the ceilings and walls.
- Visual inspection of the roof. Are there any missing materials? This can include downspouts, gutters and the roof itself.
- Noticeable sagging in the roof. Flat roofs have to carry heavy snow in Edmonton’s harsh winters. Any sagging is of grave concern.
- Discoloration or noticeable weather damage to the roof materials. Repairs should be made before winter, not after it starts.
- Check for debris on the roof. Any trees, branches, leaves, or garbage on the roof should be removed. There should be nothing on the roof.
- Inspection of the seams of the roof. Is there any cracking in the roof system? Is the SBS-modified bitumen still intact?
Edmonton’s winters are scary! Be prepared because winter is coming!
Contact Us Today at MD Roofing & Sheet Metal for all of your commercial flat roof repair and maintenance needs.